FSC - On the reverse of our cards you will see the FSC logo. FSC stands for the Forest Stewardship Council which is an international organisation promoting responsible management of the Earth's forests. The FSC logo allows businesses and consumers to identify, purchase and use paper, wood and other forest products produced using materials sourced from well managed forests. When you purchase paper products such as cards and gift wrap which have the FSC logo you are supporting sustainable forest and wildlife management.
Ecologi - I am working towards creating a climate friendly business and have recently joined Ecologi to help offset my business carbon footprint. Every month trees will be planted on my behalf and I will be supporting a range of carbon reduction projects from around the world.
Here at Olive & Belle I am keen to minimise waste, reduce single use plastic and recycle where possible in an effort to be kinder to the environment.
- I now offer the option to purchase our cards without the cello bags.
- I do not use additional cello bags to group cards into 6's, instead I use paper belly bands.
- The majority of my envelopes are made from recycled paper and in turn can be recycled.
- My cards do not have any additional gems or glitter on them.
- All of my cards and gift wrap are printed here in the UK, thus avoiding the high shipping emissions and carbon footprint associated with printing overseas.
- I have now switched to compostable brown paper tape to seal all parcels.
- Where possible I use recycled boxes to send product out. I also reuse packaging materials such as shredded paper or bubble wrap which have originally come from my suppliers.
- I ask that our customers please consider reusing, recycling or composting any packaging that I send your way.